Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oh, what? My blog! Crap, here's an update

Doin a crunch with Stella on me
Life has been goin good and busy and balanced these past few months. Ash and I have been able to save a little money, make good improvements to the house, and add a new member to the family. Its surprising how much money you can save by not eating out at all! Check out Ashley's updates here

GrindStone is starting to really turn a corner, and we are just a couple turns away from everyone who got in at the ground floor making big money...I can feel it coming! We still have a lot of work to do, but I am excited for the company and do not for a second regret starting it up 18 months ago :-)


In January we travelled down to Phoenix to spend time at my Corp office, hang with my dad and uncle, and race the PF Chang's Rock n Roll Half Marathon.  Thanks to GU for getting me signed up, it was a great to get in a good hard run down in the sun. I did not have a great race. My legs just weren't there that day and I hobbled through the last six miles, finishing over 4 minutes off my PR in 1:18 and change. It felt a little weird since I have raced a January half marathon every year since 2007 now and this was the first time I have not PR'd. What was AWESOME was that I got to run right next to Kara Goucher (US Olympian and US's #1 Womens Marathoner) for the first few miles before she took off on me. All I can say is its pretty cool running next to a celebrity runner that I have admired and watched on national TV for the past few years, and really fun running with the motorcycles with camera men on them!

Right now, in my spare time, I'm working hard to get my fitness back and shed off some of the winter weight I gained in the off-season. I think I gained more than previous off-seasons! Uh oh. The extra pounds are however helping to keep me motivated as I build up for IM Tx in May. I am also doing a few things different in my Bike training, and have made a big change in my swim stroke. I'm now (finally) starting to feel that itch to get out there this year and get 2011 race season under way!

No comments: